Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The line up!

As I have mentioned, I have a lot of un-matching furniture pieces, They came from all over. From family, from the dumpster (I still can't believe others would throw out a perfectly good table!), garage sales ... you get the idea! I don't think there is one pair of matching stains even! It is pretty funny looking at our living space right now. But I am hoping I can transform these into the beauties I know they are. 

So here is just a couple pieces in the line up:

This side table was from my late grandma.





When she moved out of her home a few years before she passed, the grandkids got free reign on anything she did not have the space for at her new place. The whole process was very nostalgic. Going through all the old toys, books, jewelry, and furniture brought back so many memories. I took home some jewelry pieces that I remember her wearing on occasion, the whole collection of the Raggity Ann and Andy books (I would read each one whenever I stayed with my grandma) and this side table. It looks pretty sad sitting next to my fridge being used as the internet box holder. But I promise .. She will look pretty in no time and will have a better place and purpose soon! :)

This side table I am unsure of where we got this from. But isn't it interesting?


 This thing is SOLID too! Great work went into this table when it was built and it fits perfectly next to our new couch. Can't wait to enhance the details! 

More photos to come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment